The East Williston Public Library
2 Prospect Street, East Williston, NY 11596, (516) 741-1213
Monday - Friday
Library Board Meeting
How Do I: Reserve / Renew @ Home
Placing a request for a library book from home!
1. Launch your Internet browser, and type www.nassaulibrary.org/eastwill in the Address Bar. This will take you to the homepage of the East Williston Public Library's website.
2. Click on SEARCH ONLINE CATALOG (see below)
3. This will bring you to the Online Catalog for all of the Nassau County Libraries. Click on the link for My Library Account.
4. Enter your name, your barcode (the number on the back of your library card), and your PIN (Personal Identification Number). If you have never used the online catalog before, you must make up a PIN. Make it something EASY for you to remember; if you do forget your PIN, please ask for assistance.
When you enter your barcode and PIN, you will see black dots for each character you enter. When you are done, click on the Submit button on the bottom left side.
5. You will see information about your library account. You may search the online catalog for all of Nassau County by clicking on the Search Catalog button on the upper right side.
6. Key in the title of the book you are looking for. If the title starts with "A", "An", or "The" you do not need to enter that.
The DEFAULT will be to View Entire Collection to look in all of the Nassau County Libraries.
The items that match your Title search will be displayed. If you want to request the book, click on the underlined word Request next to the one you want.
7. Once you request the book, you will see the Request Verification screen. Click on the Submit button on the lower left side.
8. You will see a screen that confirms your request was successful (see below). You can continue with your next search by clicking the New Search button on the top of the screen. If you have finished, click on the Home button on the top of the screen.